Saturday 25 May 2013

Day 23: May 25

Missed another day. Oops! Today's challenge wasn't brought about by Seventh Sanctum, it's something that I'm using for something else. It's backstory; but it turns out that I found a challenge that worked!
Challenge: the story must have an elf in it.


I was born in Eroadia, on the island of Thelabaen. It sits off the south western shore of Onardoth, a small, island continent in the Jeradien Sea. I’ve lived here my whole life. I’ve lived with my parents in the same cottage near the docks.

Oh, and I’m a half-elf, and today, I’m finally leaving.

Years ago, when the Gods and Goddesses created our world, they created many others. The fabric between ours and another, the realm of the elementals, has become weak. Instead of the few that would travel to our world, Onardoth has been getting them in swarms. It is as the priestess foretold all those years ago.

“Ready, Ereacia?” My brother, Daomos, says as he straps his chest plate on.

I nod as I sheath my two swords on my back. “Are you, Daomos?”

He laughs. “I’ve been waiting for this day to come.”

Mother rolls her eyes as she hands me two small daggers. “Be careful.”

I smile while Daomos scoffs.

“You’ve said this every day for months, Mother, we’ll be fine,” Daomos says.

“I worry about my children,” she says.

“I’ll look after him,” I say and she smiles at me.

“Now go,” she waves to the door. “And do what you can to sew the fabric.”

Daomos groans, “Mother.”

I laugh. “We’ll be fine.”

Mother pats my cheek and grabs Daomos’ chin, pulling his face towards hers. She pecks him on the cheek before doing the same to me. “I love you.”

“I love you too mom,” I say and Daomos mumbles it. I grab Daomos’ arm and pull him out of the house.

In front of our house stand our four friends, armed to the teeth and bags thrown over their shoulders. The street around us is full of others around our age, swords in hands, ready to face the battle that awaits us across the Sea.

“Boats leaving in ten,” Foiclya says and gestures her head towards the docks we can see between a couple of houses.

I nod and Daomos grins.

“Let’s go,” Daomos says. “It’s about time we live, eh?”

I laugh. “You’ve always wanted an adventure.”

“And now we’re getting one,” Foiclya says and skips forward, linking her arm with mine. “About time too,” she starts dragging me towards the docks.

“I couldn’t agree more,” Daomos says. 

*I hope you enjoyed. It was nice to finally write this. And it gave me more information into what's happening in this world I've created.*

No comments:

Post a Comment